In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the campuses and protect the students' health and right to study,
UST has decided to operate the special leave of absence for COVID-19 for Fall Semester 2021 as follows.
1. Eligibility for COVID-19 Leave of Absence
- COVID-19 suspected (quarantined)patient or confirmed case*
*If diagnosed to be treated for 30 days or more, you can apply for leave of absence for disease instead.
- Students who are unsure of the arrival date to Korea and thus unsure of the residence as of 1st of Sep., due to the delay of visa issuance or a lack of international flights
- Students who entered Korea after 1st of Sep., but surpassing 1/4 of attendance period due to the late arrival and quarantine.
*Students in a completion(course completion) status are not affected by attendance rate but they can still apply for it.
*If students are in their coursework, the quarantine dates can be excused
- Students who are banned to travel to Korea due to COVID-19 by their own organization
- Students(of Fall 2021 admission, or of reinstatement for Fall 2021) who are in worry of getting infected by COVID-19 thus decided not to enter Korea for this semester.
2. Operation of COVID-19 Leave of absence
O Application period
- Students not in Korea: 1st. of Sep, 2021 ~ 28th of Sep., 2021
- COVID-19 Suspected(Quarantined) patient or confirmed case, residing in Korea: 1st of Sep. ~ 23rd of Nov., 2021
O Application Process
Approval from Advisor and Chief Major Professor
Approval from UST Headquarter
→Leave of absence→Special leave of absence
(Documentary proof needed)
UST Portal→Leave of absence→Approval
Official Letter to Campuses/
E-mail to Students
O Leave of absence type: Special Temporary Absence, Unit:1 semester for each application. Up to 2 Semesters
O Tuition fee refund: full-refund if applied by 30th of Sep., partial or no-refund if applied on 1st of Oct. or later(stipulated to the regulation)