Providing creative educational environment by applying cutting-edge technology
Improving management effectiveness

UST Graduate Named to Forbes 30 under 30 Asia List

• Hits : 572
  • Registration Date : 2019-04-15
20190411004525670_RKX55J59.jpg
UST Graduate Named to Forbes 30 under 30 Asia List의 대표사진

UST Graduate Named to Forbes 30 under 30 Asia List

Kim Young-Jin, who graduated from the University of Science and Technology, Korea (“UST”), led by President Kil-Choo Moon, and majored in Robotics and Virtual Engineering at the Korea Institute of Industrial Technology(KITECH), was named to Forbes magazine’s list of “30 under 30 Asia - Industry, Manufacturing & Energy 2019.”

The annual list is composed of 300 influential young leaders under the age of 30 in 10 categories from 23 countries across the Asia-Pacific region. Kim was included on the list in the Industry, Manufacturing & Energy category. Forbes described Kim as “co-founder of TESOLLO, a hardware startup that has developed innovative devices such as the NUBO Rosetta smart pen.”

In 2017, Kim co-founded the venture company TESOLLO. The name is a compound of “technology” and “sole.” TESOLLO’s mission is to solve the inconveniences of daily life through robotics. Since his initial creation of a motion presenter to improve the lecturing environment, Kim has developed new devices such as a robotic prosthetic forearm and the NUBO Rosetta smart pen.

The NUBO Rosetta smart pen, Kim’s best known product, helps users learn English words easily in their daily lives through its attached display. It also measures learning time through its proprietary sensor. His company raised KRW 20 million, 618% of its target, with pre-purchases made in March through Wadiz, a Korean crowd funding platform. The company plans to extend its business to overseas markets by adding support for other languages such as Japanese, Chinese, and Vietnamese.

Kim said, “I was given opportunities to apply my theoretical knowledge at UST. I think my days at UST were the foundation on which I built my startup and ultimately got named on the Forbes’ 30 under 30 list.” He also said, “The experience of interacting with not only my academic advisor but also several doctoral researchers has become a valuable opportunities that is hard to experience in anywhere else.”

30 Under 30 - Asia - Industry, Manufacturing & Energy 2019 by Forbes
TESOLLO Official website