Establish creative knowledge management system

Providing creative educational environment by applying cutting-edge technology
Improving management effectiveness

Alumni of UST appointed to professorships in Korea and abroad

• Hits : 690
  • Registration Date : 2020-03-18
image.jpg
Alumni of UST appointed to professorships in Korea and abroad의 대표사진

((from the left) Dr. Kyoung-sook Park, Dr. Muhammad Zubair Khan, Dr. Ahmad Nauman Shah Saqib)

Alumni of UST appointed to professorships in Korea and abroad

Three alumni who have received their doctorate at UST (University of Science and Technology, President Ieehwan KIM) have recently been appointed as professors at universities in Korea and other countries. The three graduates are Dr. Kyoung-sook Park, Dr. Muhammad Zubair Khan, and Dr. Ahmad Nauman Shah Saqib.

Dr. Park is a graduate of the UST-Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology (KRIBB) majoring in Nanobiotechnology. Recognized for her accomplishments in contributing to the growth of the field of bioscience through her continued work in the bio field, she has been appointed as a full-time professor at Daejeon Health Institute of Technology in March 2020.

Dr. Park commented, “I became a student late, since I entered the doctoral program at UST 11 years after I got my master’s degree, but the exchanges I had with experts in various fields and the experience I got using the infrastructures of a national research institute through UST allowed me to produce good research outcomes.”

Dr. Muhammad Zubair Khan of Pakistan nationality is a graduate of the UST-Korea Institute of Energy Research (KIER) Campus, majoring in Advanced Energy and System Engineering, and he has been appointed as assistant professor at Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute of Engineering Sciences and Technology in January 2020. Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute of Engineering Sciences and Technology was established in 1993, and it ranked 24th in the world in the “2019 Quality Education University Impact Rankings” announced by THE (Times Higher Education).

Professor Rak-hyun Song, Dr. Khan’s advising professor and the UST-Korea Institute of Energy Research Campus’s representative professor, commented, “Dr. Khan has achieved many excellent achievements such as being the first in the world to develop a mathematical model to predict the lifespan of Solid Oxide Fuel Cell (SOFC) while attending UST, and he was a student who worked hard and proactively to discover new research topics on his own.” Dr. Khan published 6 scholarly articles as the first author in SCI-level journals during the three years of his doctoral program, and he finished his school work as an outstanding student receiving the Research Institute Director’s Award at the commencement ceremony in 2018.

Dr. Ahmad Nauman Shah Saqib, also of Pakistan nationality, graduated from the UST-Korea Institute of Science and Technology School (KIST) majoring in Energy & Environment Technology. Dr. Saqib was appointed as assistant professor at the University of Education, Pakistan in July 2019. University of Education, Pakistan is a national university established in 2002 with the goal to cultivate excellent Pakistani teachers at the global level.

Dr. Saqib commented that he “decided to study abroad in Korea after seeing the cutting-edge research facilities and the excellent faculty members of UST using national research institutes as campuses.” He added, “I will put my efforts in cultivating high-quality science and technology teachers using the knowledge and experience I earned at UST, and also as an expert in the field of chemistry, to become a proud alumnus of UST.”

UST nurtures talent in the fields of science and technology by educating students at 32 national research institutions subsidized by the government. Students receive a site-centered education, utilizing cutting-edge research equipment at the research institutes. Since producing its first class of graduates in 2006, it has produced a total of 2,523 talented individuals, including 840 people receiving doctorates and 1,683 people receiving master’s degrees.